Solstice Arts Centre invites artists living in, or originally from, County Meath to submit works of all disciplines for inclusion in our ninth SURVEYOR open exhibition. SURVEYOR serves to support, value, and encourage Meath artists in the development of their practices and creative careers. The exhibition presents an overview of contemporary visual arts practice throughout the county.
This year will also see the continuation of the Solstice Visual Arts Award, with a value of €2,000, awarded to a work of distinction in any medium.
Please note: Applications will only be accepted online this year. Do not drop work to Solstice Arts Centre for consideration
- There is a limit of 3 submissions per artist.
- Entry is free.
- All application forms must be completed and returned to Solstice by close of business on Tuesday 13 October.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email.
- The drop off date for selected work is 11am - 4pm and 6pm - 7pm on Wednesday 11 November.
- A commission of 20% will be payable to Solstice on all sales. Please ensure to include this in your submitted price.
- Successful applicants should ensure that all work submitted has an attached label with the entrant’s name, work title, dimensions in centimetres, medium, price and year of completion. An arrow indicating correct view point should also be visible if needed.
- Catherine Marshall, curator and art historian, will select work.
The exhibition will open Saturday 21 November with limited capacity. Booking of 30-minute slots for pods of up to six people from the same household will be in place for the opening day. Booking will be available once all exhibiting artists have been notified.